14th International Conference on 3D Web Technology
Web3D 2008 :: Infrastructure Evolution
13th International Symposium on 3D Web Technology..
To be Co-located with SIGGRAPH 2008 in L.A. !
Ecosystems of tools & techniques are evolving for standards-driven technologies. Web 3D technologies leverage the latest informatics tools such as XML-based solutions, web services applications, and graphics hardware innovations to deliver solutions across many domains. Topics include languages, tools, rendering techniques, human-computer interaction, networked and mobile devices and innovative applications.
Thirteenth in the series, the Web3D 2008 International Symposium will address this wide range of topics covering 3D Hypermedia on the Web. The annual Web3D Symposium is a major event, which unites researchers, developers, experimenters, and content creators in a dynamic learning environment. Attendees share and explore methods of using, enhancing, or creating new 3D Web and Multimedia technologies, such as (but not limited to) X3D, VRML, COLLADA, Croquet, MPEG4, MPEG7, Java3D, and Canvas3D. The symposium will also focus on recent trends such as interactive 3D graphics and applications on mobile devices.
Authors are invited to submit their work (short or full papers) for review by the international Program Committee. Both research and applications papers are of interest to Web3D 2008. The papers must be innovative and contribute to the advancement of 3D Multimedia technologies on the Web. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Interactive 3D graphics and immersive systems for servers, desktop and thin clients,
- High-performance 3D graphics for Virtual Worlds, MMOs, Augmented Reality, and interactive on-line gaming
- Animated humanoids and complex reactive characters (e.g. avatars)
- Integration and interoperation with 3D Documents and Web/Multimedia technologies, including the Semantic Web
- Methods for modeling and rendering complex geometry, structure and behaviors
- User-interface paradigms and interaction methods for real-time 3D graphics and virtual environments
- Innovative 3D graphics applications for Web/Multimedia in industry, science, medicine, and education
Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 9 pages (including figures and references) or short papers of up to 4 pages
(including figures and references) in PDF format via the Symposium Submission Site. DETAILS WILL BE POSTED SOON. Accepted papers
will appear in the Symposium Proceedings, published by ACM Press.
new date: April 21, 2008: Web3D Papers Submission deadline
new date: June 02, 2008: Accept/Reject notifications go out to authors
new date: June 13, 2008: Camera ready submissions to ACM for publication
SIGGRAPH System to open in Feb/March, stay tuned!
Information and questions email@example.com